There is no real way to describe Jesus. This is because he is too beautiful to describe. I am going to make my best effort though to tell you who he is.
1. Jesus was God in Human Form
– If someone were to tell you that they were God, would you believe them? I know I wouldn’t. Jesus never bluntly stated that HE IS GOD, however, he gave us reason to believe that he is God in the flesh. He has fulfilled prophesies (Psalm 2:7; Matthew 3:16-17), healed the sick (Matthew 8:3), forgave sinners, and performed many miracles. He did imply on numerous occasions that he was the Messiah or the son of God. Now, the son of God does not mean that he is literally God’s son, but shows relation between him and God the Father. Jesus was God in human form.
2. He was a healer
– Jesus is recorded on numerous occasions healing the sick. He not only could heal the physically sick, but he could heal the spiritually sick by forgiving them.
3. He was the Great Redeemer
– God loved us so much, that he sent his son as a sacrifice for our sins so we may have a hope of eternal life (John 3:16). God’s love and peace is beyond our understanding, but the fact that Jesus (God in the flesh) was sent to die for our sins shows his great love for us. My idea of saving the world had never been nailing myself to a cross. Especially for a world that did not deserve such love and grace. He redeemed us and thanks to God, we now have a hope of eternal life.
4. He is always there.
– In the Beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1). He was here in the beginning. In Isaiah 41:10, we see that God is with his people. He is also present in our everyday lives by providing us with his human form (Jesus), so that by him we may have a hope of an eternal life. He is here now. Psalm 48:14 states that he is our God forever and ever. He will always be there. He is the alpha and the omega. No matter where we go, he is present.
There is so much more I could try to say about Jesus, but as I said he is hard to describe. It is hard to describe perfection when we live in an imperfect world. There are a few things this week we should strive to do this week.
1. Thank God for all that he has blessed you with including his son on the cross.
2. Hold open the door for an old lady 🙂 it’s the nice thing to do.
3. Do good things and realize that God can help you with whatever you are going through!
Have a great week!